Berrycoombe Vale, Bodmin, Cornwall PL31 2PH
|Achievement of pupils||Good||2|
|Quality of teaching||Good||2|
|Behaviour and safety of pupils||Good||2|
|Leadership and management||Outstanding||1|
- Pupils are making good progress and achieving well in all subjects.
- Improvements in the quality of teaching have resulted in higher standards in English and mathematics. Pupils' results at the end of Year 6 have continued to rise since the last inspection and are now above the national average.
- Standards in reading at the school are improving rapidly and are now above average.
- The quality of teaching is good across the school, with some that is outstanding. Teachers deliver expertly planned lessons that are creative, interesting and make good use of the environment.
- This is a very safe and caring school where every child matters. Pupils recognise this and report that they are looked after very well. Attendance is rising rapidly.
- Pupils' behaviour is good. They enjoy school and are very respectful to each other and their teachers. School staff continually emphasise the expected high standards of behaviour
- The very strong team of school leaders and governors, including the extremely effective headteacher, provide outstanding leadership and management.
- All leaders, including governors, have worked together and have challenged and improved significantly the weaker teaching at the school. Consequently, pupils' achievement has improved significantly.